Swedish massage for ladies
with medicinal herb oils
Swedish massage therapy is the modality that comes to mind when most people think about massage. As the best-known type of bodywork performed today, one of the primary goals of the Swedish massage technique is to relax the entire body.
Swedish massage uses softer strokes on the bonier and more delicate parts of the body, and stronger strokes where there is thicker muscle coverage.
There are numerous benefits of Swedish Massage:
* relaxing: both calms the nervous system and relaxes muscular tension
* reduces stress: stress can manifest in the body with increased muscle tension and sometimes pain and manifest in the mind with increased worry or anxiety. Swedish Massage helps to clear the body and mind of unwanted responses to stress.
* increases flexibility: elongate the muscles, open the joints and decrease swelling, all of which will ease movement and increase flexibility
* improves posture: while postural imbalances have many sources, including overworked muscles due to repetitive strain, overcompensating muscles to ease stress on overworked muscles, prolonged sitting, or injury, Swedish Massage helps to ease the muscular holding that underlies postural imbalance
* improves blood circulation: massage dilates the blood vessels and widens the membrane pores in the body, improving your body’s ability to deliver fresh blood to muscles and organs
* detoxifying: as massage stimulates circulation, it flushes out lactic acid and uric acid that build up in muscles due to overuse
* increases range of motion: Swedish Massage incorporating stretching and range of motion techniques, will open and lubricate the joints for increased range and more fluid motion
* increases energy: Increased circulation also means more oxygen delivered through the body, resulting in a boost in energy
* improves sleep: studies show that getting a massage increases serotonin levels in the body, so you can fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer
* relieves headaches: Many headaches or migraines are a result of stress and/or poor circulation, Swedish Massage relieves the stress associated with tension headaches and improves circulation
The significant benefits of Swedish Massage make it clear that a regular massage regimen is more than a luxury, but indeed an important ingredient in the cultivation of physical and emotional well-being.
As with all treatments, please inform me of any medical conditions you may have and let me know if you are - or just think you might be - pregnant. It's best to avoid heavy meals and alcohol in the hours leading up to your massage.
All massage can leave you feeling thirsty and needing to go to the toilet more than usual - this is because the massage has got your lymph circulation going and your body is flushing out toxins. Drink plenty of water afterwards as you slowly drift back to planet Earth.